Social Studies Teacher
Ms. Amreen Bashir is a TAS Middle-High School Social Studies Teacher (Ancient and Modern World History) since January 2015. Ms. Bashir has taught in four different countries, including Canada, France, Bangladesh and Vietnam for more than five years. She has previously taught French, Literature, AP Human Geography, World Geography, Religion, Ancient World History, Canadian History, Economics, Government and Modern World History. In addition to teaching, she is also the TAS Head of Humanities Department since August 2015.
Ms Bashir is a voracious reader of fiction and non-fiction. She also likes to spend her spare time going to the driving range, practicing yoga, and travelling the world.
- M.Ed International Education Secondary, The College of New Jersey, USA
- B.Ed Secondary History and Geography, McGill University, Canada.
- Teaching Certification by the Education Ministry of Quebec, Canada
- Teaching License from the state of New Jersey, USA
- AP Human Geography Certification, Kennesaw State University, Atlanta, USA
- 5+ years of teaching experience in Canada, France, Bangladesh, and Vietnam
Social Studies Teacher
Ms. Anna Fischer -- New Hampshire, USA has been teaching TAS Middle-High School Social Studies since August 2015. She is returning for her second year at TAS and will be expanding the social studies department to include Psychology. She has been teaching in Vietnam for three years and has participated in activities such as tennis club, ping pong club and International Day. This year she is also looking forward to a position on the Sunshine Committee to facilitate teambuilding amongst the faculty and staff. Before teaching at TAS, Ms. Fischer taught at Vietnam Australia International School in Ho Chi Minh City.
Ms. Fischer is very active and loves to play tennis, rock climb and participate in archery club here in HCMC. She loves to travel, mountain climb and ride motorcycles. She is also an avid reader and enjoys taking drawing lessons in the city. She is looking forward to continuing her adventures in Southeast Asia.
- Florida State Teaching Certification- Social Sciences 6-12
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certificate (TEFL), USA
- MA History, Old Dominion University, Virginia, USA
- BA European History, University at Albany, New York, USA
- 3+ years teaching experience in Vietnam
Social Studies Teacher
Mr. Matt Bailey - London, England, has been named TAS Middle and High School Social Studies Teacher, beginning August, 2016. In his professional career, Mr. Bailey has been a High School History, Journalism, and English teacher and a college English instructor on Majuro Atoll in the Republic of the Marshall Islands. Prior to teaching, Mr. Bailey worked as the Director of Communications and Legislative Affairs for the City of Chicago in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
Mr. Bailey has served on WASC accreditation committees, acted as advisor of the school newspaper and manager of a student band. In his spare time, his hobbies include reading, music, traveling, writing and spending time with his family.
- Illinois State Teacher Certification, USA
- MA Journalism, DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- BA American History and Politics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, England
- Republic of the Marshall Islands Teaching Certification
- 4+ years of teaching experience in Marshall Islands, USA, and Vietnam
Mr. Tom Alexander has been named TAS Middle-High School AP English Teacher reporting to the Head of School, beginning August 2016. In his professional career, Mr. Alexander has been an English Department Head at Al Bayan Bilingual School in Kuwait; an English and P.E. teacher at Hammarskjold High School in Thunder Bay; at Eastview Secondary School in Barrie, Ontario; taught Physical Education at St. Johns College, in Nassau, Bahamas; Istanbul International Community School in Istanbul, Turkey and Mitundu Secondary School in Lilongwe, Malawi. He has held school positions as teacher, chaired school mission statement development teams, and directed intramural programs, organized and judged speech and debate teams, updated and created new curriculum programs,
He has been a head coach for varsity volley ball, rugby, swimming, and cycling teams. While he enjoys all sports and coaching, Mr. Alexander represented his country swimming in the 1975 Pan American Games (Mexico City) and The 1976 Olympics (Montreal). He also represented Malawi and the Bahamas playing rugby internationally.
In his spare time Mr. Alexander enjoys hiking and fishing.
- ME Curriculum Development, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
- Honors BA and BE English Major, P.E. Minor certified K-12, Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
- Red Cross First Aid and CPR Workshop Certification
- AP Literature and Language certification, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Tribes Training 2016
- 34+ years of teaching experience in Canada, Turkey, Kuwait, and Vietnam
Ms.Aubrey Fowler has been named TAS Middle-High School English Teacher beginning August 2016. She has been a member of the TAS family from its inception in 2010. During her time at TAS, she served as both an administrator and teacher; currently she is teaching middle school English.
Prior to her arrival in Vietnam, Ms. Fowler taught both elementary and middle school students at an international school in Ecuador and also in the Massachusetts public schools in the USA, where she worked specifically with special education students. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Social Work from Gordon College in 2005 and is expected to complete her Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction from Montana State University in 2016. Ms. Fowler has been an active member of an animal rescue charity in Saigon for the past five years and in her free time she enjoys practicing yoga, cooking new foods and exploring Vietnam and the surrounding countries with her family.
- BA of Arts in Social Work, minor Psychology, Gordon College, MA, USA
- MA of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Montana State University, MT, USA
- 10+ years of teaching experience in Ecuador, USA and Vietnam
Ms. Ilka Omdahl -- Denver, Colorado, USA, has been named TAS Middle-High English Language Arts Teacher beginning August 2016. In her professional career, Ms. Ilka has been a teacher of English and Social Studies. Ms. Omdahl has taught in Colorado, Jakarta, and Seoul. In addition to teaching, Ms. Omdahl has held other positions: Social Studies Department Head, NJHS sponsor, Student Council sponsor, Talent Show coordinator, Newspaper sponsor, co-lead for Outdoor Education, and co-director of the school play. This is her sixteenth year as an educator.
Ms. Omdahl has studied abroad in New Zealand and India. In her spare time, she loves to practice yoga, run, write, and read. She is also an avid cinephile and traveler.
- MFA in Film (Screenwriting Emphasis), Boston University, MA, USA
- Teaching Certification 612, Colorado, USA
- English/Language Arts, University of Colorado, USA
- BA in English Literature, University of Colorado, USA
- 16+ years of teaching experience in Indonesia, South Korea, Vietnam, and USA
Mr. Brian Boyce -- Vancouver, Canada, has been named TAS Middle-High School English Teacher beginning August 2016. Along with teaching, he has worked on community construction and restoration projects and has coached debate, basketball and baseball. In the last ten years, Mr. Boyce has taught and tutored students in Canada, Korea, Thailand and the Middle East.
Mr. Boyce enjoys mountains, the ocean, sports and exploring new cities. At the moment, he is finding it difficult to finish writing his first novel.
- BA English, University of British Columbia, Canada
- B.Ed, University of British Columbia, Canada
- British Columbia Teaching Certification, Canada
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA), University of Cambridge
- M.Ed in International Education, Framingham State University (In progress)
- 10+ years of teaching experience in Canada, Korea, Thailand, the Middle East, and Vietnam
Vietnamese Studies Teacher
Ms. Dung Nguyen has been named TAS Middle-High Vietnamese Studies Teacher since August 2009. Ms. Nguyen is an enthusiastic teacher starting her seventh year at The American School. She has taught most of the grades between sixth and twelfth grades, and has been teaching for nearly ten years.
She had three years of experience as a lecture in a university and as a teacher of Vietnamese Literature at other international schools in HCMC before becoming a member of TAS community. She has had the opportunities to work with foreigners, learn different cultures and languages from them, teach children and young adults from the ages of 6 to 22. She has been challenged to be creative, nurturing and most of all, patient.
Her hobbies are traveling, painting, writing and reading. She spends most of her free time for these things. They make her life more enjoyable.
- MA Linguistics, University of Pedagogy Ho Chi Minh City, HCMC, Vietnam
- BA Vietnamese Language and Literature, Qui Nhon University, Qui Nhon, Vietnam
- 10+ years of teaching experience in Vietnam
Vietnamese Studies Teacher
Ms. Thao T. Huong Nguyen –Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, has been named TAS Middle-High School Vietnamese Teacher since August 2013. With more than eight years of teaching experience at Nguyen Chi Thanh government school, it provided her with a firm foundation for teaching Vietnamese.
Ms. Nguyen has a passion for the Vietnamese language. Her education and teaching experience shows how much she wants to equip her students with good language skills. She is also a book worm who loves reading especially about Vietnamese history and foreign literature. Ms. Nguyen loves to share Vietnamese culture to her students and introduce to them the beauty of Vietnamese language.
- MA Linguistics, University of Pedagogy, HCMC, Vietnam
- BA Faculty of Linguistics, University of Social Sciences and Humanities, HCMC, Vietnam
- Pedagogical Certification, University of Pedagogy, HCMC, Vietnam
- 12+ years of teaching experience in Vietnam
Mr. Eric Rossi has been a Physics, AP Physics, and AP Environmental Science Teachers at TAS Middle-High School since August 2013. During his time at TAS, he has also taught Grade 8 Physical Science and Grade 12 Earth Science. He is also the Head of the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Department, and has served on the graduation committee, played a key role in organizing the school science fair, and has performed in the school musical. Originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA, Mr. Rossi started his teaching career in Colorado Springs, Colorado before teaching for three years in Daegu, South Korea. He also has experience in Special Education and has worked with adults with developmental disabilities.
Mr. Rossi is an experienced musician and has performed in a number of venues in Ho Chi Minh City. He spends his time traveling with his wife.
- MA Curriculum and Instruction, University of Colorado, Colorado, USA
- BS Physics, Math Minor, Pennsylvania State University, PA, USA; MA Curriculum and Instruction, University of Colorado in Colorado Springs, USA.
- Professional Teacher License, Colorado.
- 9+ years of teaching experience in Colorado, Korea, and Vietnam
Ms. Cameron Edwards -- Lake Mary, Florida, USA, has been named the TAS Middle School Grade 6 Earth Science and Grade 9 Biology Teacher beginning August 2016. In her professional career, Ms. Edwards has taught in the USA at elementary for two years and middle school for seven years. She next took a teaching job in China in 2014 as a Kindergarten teacher and taught there for two years.
In the USA, Ms. Cameron participated in triathlons. She has completed an Ironman, three half Ironman’s and two USA Age Group National Triathlon Championships She also likes to spend her free time participating in team sports and learned how to play badminton in China. Ms. Edwards is looking forward to learning more about Vietnam and their culture.
- BS Telecommunications, University of Florida, FL, USA
- Florida State Teacher Certification in Middle Grades 5-9 Science
- 9+ years of teaching experience in USA, China and Vietnam.
Science & Mathematics Teacher
Ms. Phuong Vong has been named a Science Teacher in the STEM department at TAS Middle-High School since August 2013. She has experiences teaching secondary Mathematics and Science courses. She was a member of the Middle School Graduation Committee and the Science Fair Committee. She has been organizing different field trips to raise student awareness about protecting wild animals and the environment.
Ms. Vong loves to take her daughter to the zoo to see the animals and to the beach to play. She also enjoys scrapbooking to keep special memories. She likes to go bowling and is pretty good at it.
- BS Natural Science with Biology Emphasis and Minor in Mathematics, California State University Los Angeles, CA, USA
- California State Teaching Credentials in Science and Mathematics 6-12
- 8+ years of teaching experience in USA and Vietnam
Ms. Rebecca Tumicki -- Silverdale, Washington, USA, was named TAS Middle-High School Mathematics Teacher in January 2016. This year she is teaching grade 6 math and Algebra 1. Prior to coming to TAS, Ms. Tumicki was an Integrated Basic Education and Skills and Training instructor at Olympic College in Washington state, USA. In her professional career, Ms. Tumicki has taught secondary for six years in Taif and Jeddah, Saudi Arabia and two years in Sur, Oman. As a Peace Corps Volunteer in Nepal, she taught high school mathematics and was a teacher trainer for two years. Previously she has worked for over ten years as a software developer in Austin, Texas, Sunnyvale, California and Denver, Colorado.
Ms. Tumicki has been a long time hiking enthusiast having hiked in such places as Nepal, Spain and Ethiopia. She has visited 50 countries and plans on seeing a few more in SE Asia. In her free time she does tai chi, art and photography.
- MA Geography with concentration in GIS, San Jose State University, CA, USA
- BS Mathematics, University of Connecticut, CT, USA
- Secondary Mathematics certified by the American Board for Certification of Teaching Excellence, GA, USA
- 11+ years of teaching experience in Vietnam, Cambodia, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Nepal and USA
Mr. Michael Rybachuk has been named TAS Middle-High School Mathematics Teacher beginning August 2016. In his professional career, Mr. Rybachuk has been a teacher at Pleasant Valley Secondary School in Armstrong BC; at the Universal American School in Kuwait; at A.L. Fortune Secondary in Enderby, Canada; and at the American School of Kuwait. He has been Mathematics Department Chair, led an Accreditation section on Professionalism and Certification, organized back-packing trips into the Canadian Rockies, and refereed countless basketball games. He has coached JV Volleyball, grass-roots soccer, been a sponsor-teacher for practicum teachers, and was an avid fast-ball player.
Mr. Rybachuk enjoys reading historical fiction, loves all types of sports and exploring new parts of the world. His greatest joy is building and restoring furniture in his wood-shop back home.
- MA Educational Technology, University of British Columbia, Canada
- BA Education (after), University of Calgary, Canada
- BS Applied Mathematics, University of Calgary, Canada
- Level 3 FIBA Basketball Official Certification
- 32+ years of teaching experience in Canada, Kuwait, and Vietnam
Mr. Evan Tran has been named TAS Middle-High School Mathematics Teacher since August 2012. He is currently teaching higher level mathematics courses such as AP Calculus, Pre-calculus, and Algebra 2. He completed a 30-hour College Board AP Seminars in Calculus AB. He loves teaching mathematics and has a natural ability to motivate his students to maximize their academic performance. In addition, he has been part of many different committees at TAS including International Day, Christmas Day, and Science Fair Day.
Mr. Tran enjoys playing tennis on a regular basis. He also likes to spend his free time listening to music, swimming, and playing Chinese chess.
- The State of New Jersey Teaching Certificate, USA – Endorsement Mathematics (Grade 7-12), Certification Number 890151
- Mathematics (Grade 7-12) Education Certificate, The College of New Jersey, NY, USA
- MS Computer Science, Nova Southeastern University, USA
- BS Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of California, Davis, USA
- 7+ years of teaching experience in Vietnam and USA
Elizabeth (Betty) Urban --Pasadena, California, has been named TAS Middle-High School Fine Art Department Head for the school year 2016-2017 and will also be teaching art to 8-12 and AP. Betty has been teaching art for 16 years Pk-12 and AP in the United States and most recently in Indonesia.
Ms. Urban started her career in Buffalo, New York at the Park School teaching art to K-8. She then moved to Los Angeles and started a career in advertising. Betty founded her own full-service ad agency and ran it successfully for twenty years before she returned to teaching.
Ms. Urban returned to teaching in 2004 at Flintridge Preparatory School (the tenth most arduous high school in America, Washington Post 2013) in La Canada, California. She taught 7-12 plus AP for 10 years and then decided to make a change and teach internationally. Ms. Urban has taught the IB and Cambridge curriculums at The Sinarmas and Jakarta Academies in Indonesia for the last two years. She successfully completed the IB PYP Making It Happen as well as becoming an IB Examiner.
Ms. Urban graduated from Pacific Oaks College, California where she earned her BA in Human Development with a Focus on Art Education. Ms. Urban also recently accepted and awarded a scholarship to attend Harvard Graduate School of Education’s PD class on “The Arts and Passion-Driven Learning” this summer.
Ms. Urban is a practicing artist who recently had a sold-out one woman painting show in Los Angeles. She enjoys creating art as well as supporting art through art associations such as The Pasadena Art Alliance and The Art Center Partners.
- BA Human Development with focus on Art Education, Pacific Oaks College, California, USA
- 16+ years of teaching experience in Indonesia, Vietnam, and USA
Mr. Nicholas G. Mason -- South Bend, Indiana, USA, has been teaching at TAS since August 2012 as the Middle-High School Music Teacher. In his professional career, Mr. Mason has taught music, both in the US and in Vietnam, for over eight years. He has been part of many different committees at TAS including International Day, awards, and various creative arts programs.
Mr. Mason is a passionate musician who enjoys all things music, specializing in pop/rock music of the past sixty years. He plays many different instruments ranging from brass family instruments in his younger years to many rock-oriented instruments. He also plays videos games, enjoys reading, watching movies, and traveling to ancient ruins across the world.
- BS Instrumental/General Music Education, Ball State University, IN, USA
- Indiana State Teacher Certification in K-12 Music Education, USA
- 8+ years of teaching experience in Vietnam and USA
Mr. Keigan Page -- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, is excited to return for his 3rd year at TAS as the Middle-High School Drama Teacher. In his professional career, Mr. Page has taught MS & HS Drama and English Literature for five years in Canada, Qatar and Vietnam. In addition to his teaching he has been acting, directing, and creating theatre across the globe for over a decade. Before entering the teaching profession, Mr. Page worked and continues to work in the summer, in outdoor education across Canada using nature and the outdoors to teach science, leadership and help develop social skills within youth with special needs.
Mr. Page is active in the theatre community within Ho Chi Minh City, sitting on the steering committee for the Saigon Players. You may have seen him in past Saigon Players’ productions such as Rocky Horror, Snow White and the Seven Nguyens, Lysistrata or his directorial debut with the company in spring of 2016, The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged). Be sure to keep your eye out for upcoming performances this season! When not creating theatre he spends his free time travelling & exploring the outside world and the beauty that our planet has to offer.
- BA (Honours) Theatre, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- BEd Intermediate & Senior Drama and English, Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- Ontario Teaching License
- 5+ years teaching experience in Canada, Qatar, and Vietnam
PE & Health Teacher
Mr. Michael Crowley -- Newburyport, MA, USA, has been teaching at TAS Middle-High School as the Physical Education (PE) Teacher and Athletic Director. He has been at the school for the last 5 years starting in August 2012. Mr. Crowley has been teaching internationally for 29 years in Greece, Tanzania, Thailand and now here in Vietnam. He also coaches basketball, soccer, softball and wrestling at his previous international schools.
Mr. Crowley likes to travel and see new places. He also loves just about all sports especially ice hockey, American football, basketball and baseball.
- BS Physical Education, Westfield State University, USA
- Teaching Certificate PE/Health K-12, Salem State University, USA
- K-12 Massachusetts Teaching Certification
- 29+ years of coaching and teaching experience in USA, Greece, Africa, Thailand and Vietnam
PE & Health Teacher
Mr. Rasul Buisan II has been named TAS Middle-High School Physical Education (PE) and Dance Teacher since August 2009. He has been a part of the TAS family since its opening for more than seven years. Mr. Buisan has extensive knowledge in Physical Education (Sports, Dance, Health Education, Recreational and Sports Management) with a graduate of Master of Arts in Teaching Physical Education. He has more than 17 years of teaching experience.
He possesses positive working attitude, strong team-working and multi-tasking skills, successfully completes works within budget and time constraints; possesses highest degree of integrity adaptable to changing situations and flexible about working overtime geared towards achieving competence in the field of education.
Mr. Buisan is also very active in supervising after school activities. He served as coach and trainer of boys under 19 soccer team and dance production respectively. He creates and sustains a level of discipline for each individual with an emphasis on teaching respect, loyalty and sportsmanship.
- MA Teaching Physical Education, Sultan Kudarat Polytechnic State University, Tacurong City, Phillipines
- Diploma in Physical Education, University of Southern Mindanao, Kabacan, North Cobatabo, Philippines
- BS Agriculture, University of Southern Mindanao, Kabacan, North Cobatabo, Philippines
- Philippine Teaching License Certificate – Professional Regulation Commission
- Asian Football Confederation – “C” License Coaching Certificate
- UbD 101: Introduction to UbD – Online Professional Development Course
- 17+ years of teaching experience in the Philippines and Vietnam
Mr. James Foster is an ESL and world languages teacher and department head at TAS Middle-High School. Beginning in August of 2012, Mr. Foster helped to develop the ESL program from the ground up and in August 2013 inaugurated the Spanish program at TAS.
Mr. Foster began his teaching career in Austin, Texas in The United States in 2003 after graduating from The University of Texas at Austin with a BA in Spanish in 2002 followed by a brief teaching stint in Venezuela. He taught middle school Spanish and then ESL for three years before moving to China where he taught a mix of both subjects for five years. After spending a year in Egypt teaching Grade 8, Mr. Foster moved to Vietnam where he began his tenure at TAS.
Mr. Foster enjoys expanding his knowledge of the world through reading, documentaries, and travel. On Saturdays, he volunteers to teach English with the KickStart program, which he has done for three years.
- BA Spanish, University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Texas State Board of Education Certified
- 14+ years of teaching experience in USA, Venezuela, China, Egypt and Vietnam
ESL Coordinator Teacher
Mrs. Jennifer Gelinas -- Annapolis, Maryland, USA, was named the TAS ESL Coordinator and MSHS IESL Teacher in August 2015. In her professional career, Mrs. Gelinas has taught one year of ESL at TAS, five years of ESL in Maryland, and one year of reading in Florida. She has been a member of Girls on the Run, Green School committees, and a mentor for at-risk youth.
Mrs. Gelinas loves traveling, being paddle boarding, yoga, and diving. She also enjoys reading and painting. She is looking forward to exploring more of Vietnam.
- MA The Differentiated Classroom, Gratz College, Pennsylvania, USA
- BA Elementary Education and ESL, Flagler College, Florida, USA
- Maryland State Teacher Certification in ESL K-12 and Elementary 1-6, USA
- BS Religion with minor in Biblical Studies, Liberty University, Virginia, USA
- 7+ year of teaching experience in Vietnam and USA
Lauren Beckerle -- USA, has been named TAS Middle-High School ESL teacher reporting to the Head of School, beginning August 2016. In her professional career, Ms. Beckerle has been a teacher of ESL since 2010, beginning in Seoul, South Korea and moving to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam in 2012. She became Head Teacher at VUS in Ho Chi Minh City in 2013. From 2013 to 2016, she wrote and presented bimonthly teacher development workshops to 40+ ESL teachers based on “universal activities and classroom management,” a series of adaptable techniques catering to multiple texts, student ability levels, classroom spaces, and available teaching resources. She also mentored new teachers one-on-one, assisting them with lesson planning, as well as offering information about expat life in Ho Chi Minh City.
In her spare time, her hobbies include: freelance writing, theatre, singing, yoga, reiki, meditation, and travel.
- BA Media Communications, Webster University, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- Cambridge ESOL Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, ECC, Phuket, Thailand
- 6+ years of teaching experience in South Korea, USA, and Vietnam
Ms. Marielle Walker -- Lansing, Michigan, USA, has been named TAS Middle-High School Spanish Teacher since August 2015. Ms. Walker has worked with grades 4-12 in Michigan and in North Carolina, USA. She has assisted in Positive Behavior and School Improvement committees, and will be co-leading Spanish club this year with Mr. Carlos Diaz.
Ms. Walker loves to read, learn new things, and enjoy delicious food from all over the world. Corgis are her favorite dogs and she plans to visit an elephant sanctuary this year.
- BA Music with concentrations in Spanish and Music Education, Western Michigan University, USA
- Michigan Teaching Certificate in Spanish and Music K-12
- North Carolina Teaching Certificate in Spanish and Music K-12
- 6+ years of teaching experience in USA and Vietnam
Mrs Nguyet Duong, has been named the TAS Elementary Mandarin Teacher beginning August 2016. She was an officer of International Cooperation Office in Ho Chi Minh City University of Education since 2002. In her professional career, she has taught Chinese Language for children and undergraduate studentsMrs. Duong was ranked number 4 out of all graduates and have been voted the most brilliant student in June 2001 at the Beijing Language and Cultural University, China.
She was born in a family that both parents are teachers and believes that the education industry is very fulfilling. In the past three years, she has gained a variety of teaching techniques and am confident with her classroom management for a diversity of students.
Mrs. Duong belives that being a qualified teacher needs the following factors: a passion for teaching, concern for students, patience as well as tolerance and expanded knowledge of the subject.
- BA Chinese Language, Beijing Language and Cultural University, Beijing, China
- Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language Certificate 2013, 2014, Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages, Taiwan
- 8+ years of teaching experience in China and Vietnam
After-school Activities Coordinator
Mr. Phu Vo -- Long An, Vietnam, has been named the TAS Student Activities Coordinator and Substitute Teacher since November 2015. Regarding his professional and pedagogical experience, he has two years of teaching diverse groups of students from elementary, middle school to high school in Ho Chi Minh City. He also coaches a variety of sports for teenagers and young-adults at international schools for more than three years.
He is an outgoing person and likes to socialize and hang out with friends. He enjoys being physically active, and spends a lot of his time playing sports and team games. His other free time is used for traveling or volunteering.
- BPhEd, P.E. & Sports Pedagogy, HCMC University of Physical Education and Sports, Vietnam
- BA, English, HCMC University of Foreign Languages – Information Technology, Vietnam (in progress)
- 5+ years of teaching and coaching experience in Vietnam
Library Teacher & Manager
Mr. Carlos Diaz – Maracaibo, Venezuela, has been named TAS Librarian reporting to the Head of School, beginning August, 2016. In his professional career, Mr. Diaz has been a Head Librarian in the Escuela Bella Vista International IB School, a Supervisor Librarian in Zulia Public Library in Maracaibo, a Spanish Teacher in Zulia University and Marco Fabio Quintiliano School in Maracaibo and co-founder and teacher in the Japanese Academy of Maracaibo GOEN. He has held school position as teacher, Extended Essay Coordinator, participated in School Improvement Teams, was part of the IT department, introduced gaming education to the school, developed collaborative reading and writing programs and introduced NaNoWriMo program to the school.
He has been a referee of sanshou matches, and trained Choy Lee Fut kung-fu for four years. He enjoys martial arts, and gamification in education. He also enjoy cross cultural programs and international programs as he was part of the 24th Ship For The World Youth Program in Japan (2012).
In his spare time, Mr. Diaz enjoys walking, cooking, game design, reading and table top games.
- BA Spanish Literature and Language, Universidad del Zulia, Maracaibo, Venezuela
- Storytelling, Universidad del Zulia, Maracaibo, Venezuela
- VANAS presenter, CIC Valencia, AASSA, Valencia, Venezuela
- SWY24 delegate, Tokyo, Japan
- Japanese Language N3 level, Japan Foundation
- Sanshou referee, Zulia Wushu Asociation, Maracaibo, Venezuela
- 4+ years of teaching experience in Venezuela and Vietnam