Grade 1A Teacher
Mr. Ian Osberg -- Philadelphia, PA, USA, has been named the TAS Elementary Grade 1A Teacher beginning August 2016. In his professional career, Mr. Osberg has been living and teaching in Vietnam for five years. He has experience teaching all elementary levels. Mr. Ian studied at San Jose State University where he received his BA in Sociology and Child Development.
Mr. Osberg is married and has become a new father not too long ago. Besides spending time with his family, he also likes to travel, do research, go to the cinema, try new types of cuisine, socialize with friends, and get the best out of life. He is looking forward to teaching your children this year, and hopes they have as much fun in class as he does.
- BA Sociology, Child Development Minor, San Jose State University, CA, USA
- ABCTE Teaching Certificate awarded by the State of New Hampshire (in progress)
- IB PYP Certificate awarded by California State University of San Marcos (in progress)
- CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Certificate awarded by Cambridge
- 5+ years of teaching experience in Vietnam
Grade 1B Teacher
Mr. Wallace Yip -- New Orleans, Louisiana, has been named a TAS Elementary Grade 1 Teacher beginning in August 2016. In his professional career, Mr. Yip as taught Kindergarten, 1st Grade and 2nd Grade. He has worked in Russia, Taiwan, China and South Korea. He has over 5 years of classroom experience. He has taught English, Writing, Reading, Mathematics, Science and Inquiry. He also coached Basketball and organized a Comic Book club at his school in Russia.
Mr. Yip enjoys playing guitar, drawing, writing, reading, cooking, traveling, scuba diving, white water rafting, basketball, movies, spicy foods and drinking coffee.
- MA Teaching – Early Childhood Education K-5, University of Georgia, Georgia, USA
- BA in Computer Information Systems, Loyola University, New Orleans, USA
- Georgia State T5 Teaching Certification
- TEFL Certification
- IB PYP Certification (Category 1)
- 6+ years of teaching experience in Russia, Taiwan, China, South Korea, Vietnam, and USA
Grade 2 Teacher
Ms. Colleen Quinn -- Boulder, Colorado, USA, has been named the TAS Elementary School Grade 2 Teacher since August 2015. This is her second year teaching at TAS, and her seventh year in total of teaching. Prior to coming to Vietnam, she spent six years living and teaching in Hsinchu City, Taiwan. Last year, she worked on the Heartbeat Vietnam committee, and is looking forward to another great year with the families of TAS.
In her free time, Ms. Quinn enjoys reading, writing, hiking, and cycling. She also enjoys exploring her new home, Ho Chi Minh City, and spends her free time practicing shotokan karate.
- MA International Elementary Education, The College of New Jersey, NY, USA
- BS News-Editorial, School of Journalism and Mass Comm., University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, USA
- Bridge TEFL, Bridge Linguatec
- 7+ years of teaching experience in Taiwan, USA, and Vietnam
Grade 3A Teacher
Ms. Danielle Cope -- Windsor, Ontario, Canada, has been named the TAS Elementary Grade 3 Teacher since August 2013. This is her third year of teaching grade 3 at TAS. In her professional career, Ms. Cope has taught kindergarten and early childhood for nine years and elementary for three years in Taiwan, Korea, New Zealand and Vietnam.
She has been living in Vietnam for almost four years now and enjoys spending time with her husband and young son who is now also attending TAS nursery program. Ms. Cope enjoys traveling and exploring her host country where she lives. She loves learning about the culture and tasting the food wherever she is living.
- B.Ed, Primary K-6, University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- Early Childhood Education Certificate, St. Clair College, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- BA Psychology, University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certificate (TEFL), Canada
- 10+ years teaching experience in Canada, Taiwan, Korea, New Zealand and Vietnam
Grade 3B Teacher
Ms. Deondra Richey -- Atlanta, Georgia, USA, was named the TAS Elementary Grade 4 Teacher beginning August 2016. In her professional career, Ms. Richey has taught elementary for a combined sixteen years. She has been a member of the CIS accreditation committee, served as grade level chair, English Department Head, Elementary Department Head, and Literacy Coordinator and Coach.
Ms. Richey enjoys swimming, snorkeling, sailing, hiking, camping, reading, and playing golf. She also likes to spend her free time volunteering for local food banks and animal rescue organizations and traveling. She is looking forward to learning more about Vietnamese cuisine and exploring the country.
- BS Early Childhood Education, North Georgia College and State University, Dahlonega, GA, USA
- Georgia State Teacher Certification in Early Childhood Education PreK-5 with Reading and Math Endorsements
- Teachers as Leaders Certificate, USA
- Promethean Board Certification, USA
- Love and Logic Certification, USA
- Fountas and Pinnell Benchmark Assessment Certified, USA
- 16+ years of teaching experience in Baku, Azerbijan; Majuro, Marshall Islands, and USA
Grade 4 Teacher
Ms. Corie L. Sovereign -- St. Paul, Minnesota, USA, has been named TAS Elementary School 4th Grade Teacher beginning August 2016. In her professional career, Ms. Sovereign has taught kindergarten and Grades 2, 4, 5, and 6 in Taiwan, Cambodia, and Vietnam. Ms. Sovereign has taught the core elementary subjects of language arts, science, math, and social studies, as well as PE and art. She directed and taught the Spanish Club at her previous school. She planned and directed school fundraisers for an orphanage in Cambodia and an environmental group here in Vietnam. She developed an in-service program on technology in the classroom, and assisted in kindergarten orientation for new teachers.
Ms. Sovereign studied abroad in Monterrey, Mexico, and she loves learning and working with language.
Ms. Sovereign enjoys listening to and singing along with all kinds of music, dancing, cooking, fitness, arts and crafts, and exploring the world around her. She loves to read, and her favorite genres are science fiction and historical fiction
- BA Spanish Language and Literature, Hamline University, St. Paul, Minnesota, USA
- CELTA Certification, Cambridge International, USA
- Teacher’s Certification through Teach Now Educatore
- Washington, D.C. Elementary Teaching Certification, USA
Grade 5A Teacher
Ms. Brigid Fagan has been named the TAS Elementary School Grade 5 Teacher since August 2015. Prior to that she taught Grade 4 at TAS. In her professional teaching career, Ms. Fagan taught Pre-Kindergarten for two years at Agassiz Elementary School in Chicago, USA. She taught elementary ESL students in Seoul, South Korea for three years. Ms. Fagan has also coached elementary basketball, judged the Chicago elementary Science Fair, and worked at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies summer camp in Yeonju, Korea. Before becoming a teacher, Ms. Fagan worked in NIH grant administration at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
Ms. Fagan loves to spend her free time reading, travelling, trying new foods and cheering on the Chicago Cubs. She is looking forward to another great year at TAS.
- BA English Literature, DePaul University, Chicago, IL, USA
- M.Ed Elementary Education, DePaul University, Chicago, IL, USA
- Illinois State Teaching License, USA
- 7+ years teaching in the United States, South Korea, and Vietnam
Grade 5B Teacher
Mr. Joshua Leiner -- Cedar Key, Florida, USA, has been named TAS Elementary School Grade 5 teacher beginning August 2016. In his professional career, Mr. Leiner has taught elementary for three years and middle school for two in Seoul, South Korea. He has been a member of the school improvement committee, coordinated winter and summer youth programs and initiated an international cultural exchange program. Previously he spent five years in Tampa Bay as a social worker with juvenile offenders adjudicated through the Department of Juvenile Justice.
Mr. Leiner is an avid waterman who enjoys everything on and under the water. He also likes to spend his free time volunteering, traveling and trying new foods. He is looking forward to learning more about Vietnamese cuisine and exploring the country.
- BS International Affairs, Communications Minor, Florida State University, FL, USA
- Florida State Teacher Certification in Elementary Education K-6 and Social Sciences 6-12
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certificate (TEFL), USA
- 5+ years of teaching experience in South Korea, USA, and Vietnam
ICT & ESL Teacher
Ms. Anna Belova has been named the TAS Elementary School ICT and ESL Teacher since August April 2014. She has eight years of teaching experience at schools around the world. Ms. Belova started out her teaching career as an English instructor at Kazan State Technical University in Russia from 2008-2010. She taught English at Yeungjin College and Yeungjin English Village in Daegu, South Korea from 2010-2012. Upon returning to Kazan City, Russia, Ms. Belova taught Physics at IT Lyceum Secondary school from 2012-2013.
Ms. Belova’s interests outside of education are live music, data processing, and Internet security.
- Specialist in Linguistics and Teaching English, Linguistic University of Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
- Specialist in Astronomy, Kazan State University, Russia
- BS Physics, Kazan State University, Russia
- AA Business Administration, Yeungjin College, South Korea
- 8+ years of teaching experience in Russia, South Korea, and Vietnam
Ms. Andrea Bennett -- Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, has been named the TAS Elementary ESL Teacher beginning August 2016. This is Ms. Bennett's third year at TAS. She previously taught elementary for three years in Seoul, South Korea. Additionally she has spent time teaching summer programs for Chinese international exchange students in the USA.
Ms. Bennett is an animal lover and has spent a lot of her time working with Animal Rescue Korea - she helps with fostering and finding couriers for animals to go to the USA. She currently lives in district 2 with her Korean rescue dog, Bae. Ms. Bennett also likes to spend her free time traveling, reading, and trying new foods.
- M.Ed English as a Second Language, The College of New Jersey, NJ, USA (in progress)
- BA Gender Studies, The University of Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Florida State Teacher Certification in Elementary Education K-6
- Florida State Teacher Certification in ESOL K-12
- International Baccalaureate Certificate, CSU San Marcos, CA, USA (in progress)
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certificate (TEFL), USA
- 6+ years of teaching experience in South Korea, Vietnam, and the USA
Mr. Benjamin Litwicki, Sedona, Arizona, USA, has been named the TAS Elementary Music Teacher, beginning August 2016. In his professional career, Mr. Litwicki has been a digital arts teacher in Sedona, Arizona, a Math and English tutor in greater LA and a library tech in Santa Barbara. As a computer teacher, he developed and implemented curriculum for coding in Java Script at the elementary level, CAD 3D design, modeling and printing, photo editing/graphic design, audio effects processing, video effects processing and editing through online and offline digital tools such as Afinia 3D, Sketchup pro, 3DSlash, Khan Accademy, Scratch, W3schools and Photoshop. Mr. Litwicki provided training in Microsoft Excel for secretarial staff, was part of a leadership team to administer benchmark testing through Study Island, and completed an Edumentum Mentorship program. He also implemented response to intervention for English language learners using Lexia educational software and completed workshops for cluster grouping to increase academic rigor with gifted students. As a musician he worked as a freelance instrumentalist performer in Los Angeles and recorded at MI in Hollywood and in Studio City. Mr Litwicki has performed with the Monday Madness Big Band in Santa Barbara and Torros Embolados in LA. He taught afterschool piano classes throughout Santa Barbara at the elementary level. As a multi-instrumentalist, his primary instrument is the saxophone and his secondary instruments include but are not limited to the piano, guitar, bass, flute, clarinet and singing.
At California State University Northridge Mr. Litwicki held the seats of Tenor Soloist and Baritone in the Wind Symphony and chamber saxophone quartet. He sang bass in the University Choral and played second alto and tenor saxophones in jazz large ensembles.
- BA Music Education, CSU Northridge, California, USA
- AA Humanities, Santa Barbara City College, California, USA
- TEFL Certification, TELF Academy, Chicago, USA
- Edmentum Certificate
- 3+ years of teaching experience in USA and Vietnam
Mr. Eric Blaisdell -- Los Angeles, California, USA, has been named TAS Elementary School Art Teacher since August 2013, this is his third year of teaching at TAS. He received his undergrad in English Literature and Art. Mr. Blaisdell began substitute teaching in San Francisco in 1997. Mr. Blaisdell took his first international job teaching in Japan in 2005. He returned to Seattle and worked briefly for the military at Fort Lewis. Mr. Blaisdell studied at Lewis and Clark College in Portland, Oregon to complete his teaching credential as an Arts Teacher in 2009. Upon completion of his schooling, Mr. Blaisdell moved to South Korea with his girlfriend Corinne and was married in 2013.
Mr. Blaisdell enjoys music and has played in several amateur bands in Korea, Japan, and Vietnam. When not teaching, he enjoys travelling throughout Southeast Asia and sampling the local cuisine.
- MA Teaching Art Education, Lewis and Clark College Portland, OR, USA
- MA Multi-Media Studies, San Francisco State University, CA, USA
- BA English Literature with Minor in Studio Art, Whittier College, CA, USA
- Oregon State Residency Teaching Certificate, USA
- 12+ years of teaching experience in USA, Japan, Korea, and Vietnam
PE & Health Teacher
Mrs. Dianne E. Buisan has been named TAS Elementary Physical Education & Health teacher since August 2015. She has been teaching for 10 years here in Vietnam and in the Philippines. She went to the University of Southern Mindanao, Kabacan, Cotabato, Philippines for her undergraduate studies and Sultan Kudarat Polytechnic State University, Tacurong City, Philippines for her graduate studies.
When Mrs. Buisan is not teaching, she enjoys dancing and playing with her hyperactive kids, biking, doing outdoor activities that strengthens both body and mind. Her family loves to explore and travel together, since this brings them together with uninterrupted quality time.
- MA Teaching Physical Education, Sultan Kudarat State University, Tacurong City, Philippines
- BA Secondary Education major in Physical Education, Health and Music, University of Southern Mindanao, Kabacan, Cotabato, Philippines
- Teaching License Certificate - Professional Regulation Commission, Philippines
- License #: 0825251
- 10+ years of teaching experience in the Philippines and Vietnam
Ms. Diem Vo has been named TAS Elementary School Vietnamese as a Second Language (VSL) Teacher since August 2010. This is her sixth year teaching at TAS and has been a teacher for 19 years. Ms. Vo earned her Bachelor of Arts in English at the University of Social Science and Humanities, Vietnam. She also completed a teacher training program at the university. She has a TESOL degree from Australian International TESOL. For leisure, Ms. Vo likes to read books and cook for her family over the weekend.
- BA English, University of Social Science and Humanities, HCMC, Vietnam
- TESOL Certification, Australian International TESOL
- 19+ years of teaching experience in Vietnam
Ms. Tam Ngo has been named the TAS Elementary Vietnamese Studies Teacher since March 2013. In her professional career, Ms. Tam Ngo has taught Vietnamese Studies and was support for elementary ESL teachers for ten years in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
Ms. Tam is an active teacher who enjoys everything esepecially singing and dancing with her students. She also likes to spend her free time teaching for the disadvantaged children, translating, traveling and learning new cultures.
- BA Elementary Education, Saigon University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL) certificate
- 10+ years teaching experience in Vietnam
Ms. Hong Nguyen has been named TAS Elementary School Vietnamese Studies Teacher since August 2012. Before, she has taught Vietnamese Studies for one year at AIS and two years at CIS. Ms. Nguyen hopes to achieve an interesting and enthusiastic classroom atmosphere for her students. She wants to bring all the best to her classes.
Ms. Nguyen is interested in music, reading, sewing and photography. She enjoys spending her free time with her daughter and learning new languages.
- BA Literature and Linguistics, University of Social Science and Humanities, HCMC, Vietnam.
- Certificate of Education from University of Social Science and Humanities, HCMC, Vietnam.
- 7+ years of teaching experience in Vietnam