Ms. Ann G. Capitulo, Manila, Philippines, has been named the TAS Early Childhood Center Teacher beginning August 2016. In her professional career, she had the privilege of teaching English in South Korea for more than a year. For eight years, Ms. Capitulo has had the joy of being a head class directress in a Montessori preschool. She has taught English, Reading, Writing, and Math.
Ms. Capitulo holds a degree in Early Childhood Education from the center of teacher education in the Philippines, the Philippine Normal University. She has been teaching preschoolers for the past 9 years and she loves every single moment of it.
Ms. Capitulo is a nature lover. She loves the ocean even if she doesn't swim. For leisure, she delights in modern calligraphy, reading, writing, going on long walks and traveling. She enjoys learning about other country's culture, lifestyle and food.
- BA Early Childhood Education, Philippine Normal University, Philippines
- 9+ years of teaching experience in Philippines, and Vietnam
Ms. Lovely Joy A. Coloma, has been named TAS Early Childhood Center Nursery teacher since August 2014. In her professional career, Ms. Coloma has taught in primary and preschool for six years in Philippines and three years of preschool in Vietnam.
Ms. Coloma loves to travel and explore different countries and their beaches. She has a sweet tooth, loves coffee, and music. During her spare time, she reads, paints and plays musical instruments. She is also fond of going to coffee shops and restaurants.
- BA Elementary Education, University of Southern Mindanao, Philippines
- MA Early Childhood Education, Philippine Normal University, Philippines
- Professional Teacher License issued by the Republic of the Philippines
- 9+ years of teaching experience in Philippines and Vietnam
Ms. Emma Berckmans has been named the TAS Early Childhood Pre-Kindergarten Teacher since October 2015. Ms. Berckmans coached competitive swimming in Canada for eight years and worked as the Aquatics Coordinator for the Upper Grand District School Board for two years. She spent six months living in Peru working for a Rural Development NGO. She also spent some time doing undergraduate and graduate research in Costa Rica and lived and worked in Honduras.
Ms. Berckmans enjoys doing outdoor activities and always tries to stay busy. She is also a certified Divemaster with PADI and loves to go scuba diving at different places around the world.
- Master Certificate Forestry Economics, Michigan State, USA
- BA Hons Food, Agriculture and Resource Economics, University of Guelph, Canada
- Advanced TESOL Certification
- Coaching Association of Canada, Skills Coach, Canada
- 8+ years of of teaching experience in Canada, USA, and Vietnam
Ms. Emily Easterby -- Sarnia, Ontario, Canada, has been named the TAS Elementary Kindergarten Teacher beginning August 2013. Ms. Easterby is now the Early Childhood Coordinator here at TAS and help created the new TAS Early Childhood Center. This past school year, she started her Master in Elementary Education at The College of New Jersey, USA. She has spent the past 10 summers working with children with special needs at Camp Kodak and taught outdoor education at Camp Brebeuf for eight months.
Ms. Easterby spends her summers outside teaching sailing, waterskiing and stained glass to children of all ages. She loves being outside and discovering new places. She spends her free time exploring the ever expanding and changing Ho Chi Minh City finding new places to eat and have fun.
- H.BA Psychology Neuroscience and Behaviour, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
- B.Ed Primary Junior Divisions, Queen’s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
- MA Elementary Education, The College of New Jersey, NJ, USA (in progress)
- 5+ years teaching experience in Canada and Vietnam
Early Childhood Specialist Teacher
Ms. Mia M. Elizaga has been named TAS Early Childhood Center Teacher beginning August 2016. She obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in Education and her teaching license in her home country, Philippines. During university, she was a volunteer Early Childhood teacher for three consecutive years. In her professional career, Ms. Elizaga has internationally taught Grades 1 to 9 for two years and at the same time a vocal music teacher. She has experience teaching English as a Foreign Language (EFL) to Grades 1 and 2, taught Grade 8 Chemistry, and English Language and Literature subject to Grades 7 to 9. Ms. Elizaga has been a musical director for stage plays, became a socio-cultural coordinator, a vocal solo and duet trainer, an instrumental solo coach, a choir trainer, and a poster making contest adviser. She was also once a Scout Troop Leader and a cooperating teacher to the pre-service teachers through the University of Southern Mindanao (USM), Philippines. She is currently in the process of obtaining her Master’s Degree in Education at University of the Philippines Open University (UPOU).
- BA Secondary Education major in English, University of Southern Mindanao, Philippines
- Philippine Teaching License Certificate
- Music Theory for Musicians 1 and 2 Certifications at International College of Music (ICOM), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Classroom Strategies and Teaching Pedagogies for Young Learners Certification
- Functional Literacy through Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education Certification
- PAFTE Regional Students Congress in Kidapawan City, Philippines
- 5+ years of teaching experience in the Philippines and Vietnam