The American School is dedicated to providing a quality American education that ensures academic success for all students accepted into the TAS learning community. To qualify for admission, students must demonstrate high learning aptitude, excellent behavior, and a strong commitment toward academic excellence. The admissions procedures are as follows:
The Admissions team provides in-depth consultation to parents and students about the program of study at the American School (TAS) and the admission requirements. Following a consultation with an Admissions counselor, a placement test will be arranged for those students whose academic performance at their current/previous school(s) meets minimum requirements.
2. PLACEMENT TESTING
Placement testing is required for all students applying for admission. The Placement Test includes the following components:
- English Language Test to measure the student’s reading comprehension, writing accuracy, speaking fluency, and listening comprehension levels.
- Mathematics Test to assess the student’s knowledge of math concepts and skills.
As part of the Admissions process, the ESL teacher will conduct a 15-minute interview with each student following placement testing.
3. ACADEMIC RECORDS
In addition to placement testing, students applying for admission are required to submit official report cards or transcripts to show academic history.
- For students in grade 1 and 2, the most recent report cards is required.
- For students in grade 3-5, the most recent two years of report cards must be submitted.
- For students in middle school and high school, the most recent 3 years of report cards/transcripts are required.
4. ADMISSION DECISION
Based on the results of placement testing, the content of academic records, and the outcome of the personal interview, the Admissions Team will make a final admission decision within 3 working days from the time the placement test is completed and academic records are submitted. The Admissions Team consists of the Admissions Manager, ESL and Math Teachers, Principal, and Academic Director. A formal Offer of Admission will be sent to parents whose children qualify for admission.
5. ENROLLMENT APPLICATION
Upon receiving the Offer of Admission, parents must complete the Enrollment Application for their child and submit it to the Admissions Department for processing.
6. REGISTRATION FEE
Once the student has been offered admission to The American School (TAS), parents can secure a place at the school for their child by depositing the registration fee within one week from the date of the Offer of Admission. This registration fee demonstrates a commitment to enroll at The American School (TAS) and the registration fee is non-refundable.
- Please click here to download Admissions Checklist and Process.
- Please click here to download Enrollment Application Form.
- Please click here to download Annual Health Check Up and Medical Record Forms.
- Please click here to download Bus Form and Regulation.
- Please click here to download Lunch Fee and Terms.
++ You need Acrobat Reader to open a *.pdf file above.